Alchemy & Hermetics
Magick is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will.
Illustration: It is my Will to inform the World of certain facts within my knowledge. I therefore take "magickal weapons", pen, ink, and paper; I write "incantations"---these sentences---in the "magickal language" ie, that which is understood by the people I wish to instruct; I call forth "spirits", such as printers, publishers, booksellers and so forth and constrain them to convey my message to those people. The composition and distribution of this book is thus an act of Magick by which I cause Changes to take place in conformity with my Will. note: In one sense Magick may be defined as the name given to Science by the vulgar.
We do not call electrical resistance, or economic laws, unreal, on the ground that they are not directly perceived by the senses. Our magical doctrine is universally accepted by sceptics --- only they wish to make Magick itself an exception!
Abstracted from Magick in Theory and Practice by Aleister Crowley
THE SEVEN GREAT EGYPTIAN HERMETIC PRINCIPLES
l. The Principle of Mentalism - "The all is mind: the universe is mental."
2. The Principle of Correspondence - "As above, so below; as below, so above."
3. The Principle of Vibration - "Nothing rests: everything moves: everything vibrates."
4. The Principle of Polarity - "Everything is dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled."
5. The Principle of Rhythm - "Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates."
6. The Principle of Cause and Effect - "Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause; everything happens according to the law; chance is but a name for law not recognized; there are many planes of causation, but nothing escapes the law."
7. The Principle of Gender - "Gender is in everything; everything has its masculine and feminine principles; gender manifests on all planes."
Initiation into Hermetics : The Path of the True Adept by Franz Bardon, (UK / US)
The author states: "In reality, magic is a sacred science, it is, in the very true sense the sum of all knowledgewhere ever authentic initiation is at stake, one has to proceed on the same basis, according to the same rules, irrespective of the name given by this or that creed.
This work has exclusively been written for those who seek the pure truth and the supreme Wisdom." It includes the complete revelation of the first Tarot Card. Part I thoroughly establishes the theory underlying magic and dispels any misconceptions. Part II covers ten steps in the practice of magic including: thought control, astral magic, transplantation of consciousness, trance, clairvoyance, mental travel, the magical mirror, the charging of talismans and conscious communion with God.
294pp., hardback, 5.5 X 8, 0-914732-10-2 $29.95
Popular Products: Ear Candles | Wellness Water Filters | Distilled Water | EMF Detection & Protection
Copyright © 2014 Sort Life Out. All rights reserved.
Press (ctrl + d) to Bookmark this site Now!