Ten Top Reasons to Go Organic
(and there are many, many more!)
1. Organic produce is not covered in a cocktail of poisonous chemicals. The average conventionally-grown apple has 20-30 artificial poisons on its skin, even after rinsing. Trust your instincts, and go organic!
2. Fresh organic produce contains on average 50% more vitamins, minerals, enzymes and other micro-nutrients than intensively farmed produce. Science says that it's good for you.
3. Going organic is the only practical way to avoid eating genetically modified (GM) food. And by buying organic food, you are registering your mistrust of GMO's and doing your bit to protest against them. Don't believe the backlash - developing countries do not want GM food, because they know that Monsanto's most successful product is mustard gas. And the biggest departments in all of the GM corporations are working on terminator technology. This means that the farmers will not be able to reap seeds form their crops - they'll be forced to buy new seed from the GM corporations every season. And farmers in developing countries cannot afford to get into that cycle, which is why farmers in India burned down Monsanto and Zeneca's head offices last year.
4. If you eat dairy or meat products, going organic has never been more essential to safeguard you and your family's health. Intensively-reared dairy cows and farm animals are fed a dangerous cocktail of anti-biotics, hormones, anti-parasite drugs and many other medicines on a daily basis, whether they have an illness or not. These drugs are passed directly onto the consumers of their dairy produce or meat., which must be a contributing factor to meat-related diseases like coronaries and high blood pressure.
5. About 99% of non-organic farm animals in the UK are now fed GM soya. And there has never been a reported case of BSE in organic cattle in the UK. Common sense says that organic is safe food.
6. Organic produce simply tastes so much better. Fruit and vegetables full of juice and flavour, and so many different varieties to try! There are about 100 different kinds of organic potatoes in production in the UK, and that's just potatoes!
7. Organic farms support and nurture our beautiful and diverse wildlife. Over the last thirty years, intensive farming in the UK has led to dramatic erosion of the soil, a fall of up to 70% of wild birds in some areas, the destruction of ancient hedgerows, and the near extinction of some of the most beautiful species of butterflies, frogs, grass-snakes and wild mammals.
8. Organic food is not really more expensive than intensively farmed foods, as we pay for conventional foods through our taxes. We spend billion of pounds every year cleaning up the mess that agro-chemicals make to our natural water supply. And the BSE crisis cost us 4 billion pounds. Go organic for a genuine more cost-effective future.
9. Intensive farming can seriously damage farm workers' health. There are much higher instances of cancer, respiratory problems and other major diseases in farm workers from non-organic farms. This is particularly true in developing countries, and for agrochemical farms growing cotton. So go organic if you care about other people.
10. And if you simply like the idea of your children and grandchildren being able to visit the countryside and play in the forests and fields just like we did when we were young, go organic for the sake of all of our futures.
|Ancient Traditions||Career & Success||Mind Mastery||Soul & Spiritual Mastery|
|Body & Health||Energy Healing||Mysteries & Paranormal||True Purpose|
|Buddhism||Happiness & Lifestyle||Relationships & Love|
|Cancer||Home & Pets||Science & Spirit|
Contact Us | Search Articles & Quotes | Holistic Health and Beauty Shop UK | MP3 Downloads / Book Store
Popular Products: Ear Candles | Wellness Water Filters | Distilled Water | EMF Protection
Copyright © 2004 - 2018 Sort Life Out. All rights reserved.
Press (ctrl + d) to Bookmark this site Now!